Minutes of the actual meeting:
- The new space holds 3 groups: THS, Impact Japan, and an incubator group
- tonight (5/29) was a THS meeting. Impact was absent for TEDxTokyo auditions (in ヒカリエ). Incubator group had two or three people working.
- One goal is collaboration between the three groups.
- Mikele: should prioritize the activities we want to do at the new space, then we know what to move
- Todd (proxy by Lauren): don't fill the space with things not in use, get multi-use furniture
* Next four tuesday meetings are packing meetings, concentrating on rooms:
5th - kitchen
12th - Storage room
19th - Living room/genkan
26th - Workroom
We also need help with stuff in the backyard, not scheduled though.
- priorities! Moving the old space takes priority over preparing the new (Kalin, Jam disagree)
- Jam: "I don't know what to throw out, but I know what to build in" (MRE: "that's why we all pack Tuesday together")
- Richard: how will the new space be designed? How to communicate that, over the net, group mtg, or what?
- Mikele: has designed his own studio with multi-purpose furniture, it's possible
- MRE: "If in doubt, throw it out"
* Go through list of furniture to bring with us
- 2 shelves from storage room, wire racks, 1 file cabinet (with stickers), sewing machine, etc
- bringing collapsible shelves, which take less space
- there are some desks at the old THS space, let Lauren know if you want to buy one
- Jam: the file cabinet can be closed, looks "clean" when it is
- Lauren: want to build benches to combine seating & storage
- want to keep an open space but can add a bookshelf under the load beam near the far wall
* Design / other notes
Impact Japan wants a long set of tables, putting a whiteboard on the wall and cubbyholes under it
THS should adapt to this (color etc) if possible
Bring the projector? "We should get a smaller one" - MRE or Akiba can loan their personal ones.
Welding space @ Hikarigaoka: will be decided in Lauren's meeting *tomorrow*
Should make a list of good places to eat in Shibuya
Safecast, MRE will be moving out of the old THS building ~23rd
Moving deadline is the 30th.
PLEASE HELP PACK AND MOVE ON JUNE 30 / JULY 1
Cleaning deadline for the old space is July 7
Attendees: 17 people, including the usual suspects
This week will be a change of pace from our regular Tuesday meeting. We'll be holding the gathering at our new site in Shibuya!
Address: Yamate Mansion 601
#601 19-5 Udagawa-cho Shibuya-ku
Entry is the apartment building lobby, which is a passage that goes underneath Yamate Church.
Topics discussed will be:
How easy was it to find here?
What are we going to do about a whiteboard?
Hey isn't this new place empty?
and a loud argument over who has the most tasteless jokes.